Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Play Time, Pilgrims and Pinterest Success!

Kind of a random array of topics today, but I wanted to tell y'all about some things that have all been a raging success:

Last night was our first installment of nightly family time.  For one hour each night after dinner we have decided to turn off the TV, etc. and just spend quality time together.  Rob chose our activity... Candyland. 
Tonight we played with Legos.  Li'l less productive, but still very much togetherness.  I must say I'm loving this new addition to our daily routine.  It seems like the "right" thing to do, you know?

Today was the Fall Festival at Prince of Peace.  The 3's dressed as Indians and the 4's were Pilgrims.  As you may know this is Rob's 2nd year in the 4's and we still do not regret that decision.  It's funny to participate in class / do this program as a repeat and see how Rob is handling the nerves better with a year's maturity. 
POP Fall Program 2010
POP Fall Program 2011
Okay, wow, he has grown a foot!  He's several inches taller than the 2nd tallest in his class.  But also, look how wide open his mouth is this year.  He is far less timid; rather he relishes activity and attention.  You've just gotta check this out:


Lastly, I am so addicted to Pinterest!  What, you haven't heard of it?  Well, come out from under your rock and request an invitation.  Then follow my boards.  Anyhoo, I "pinned" this scrumptious sounding dinner recently.  Guess what we had for dinner tonight?
Pinned Image
Crockpot Italian Chicken (source)
It was every bit as good as I predicted.  Some of you have blogged about your curiosity of successful pins.  Trust me, this was great.  The only change I would make is to the sauce.  To me, serving it over pasta calls for more sauce.  So the next time I make it, I may double the cheese and soup requirements, while adding an additional Italian spice packet to retain the flavor.  But I would classify this with you all in your "Pinterest Success" columns.

No comments:

Post a Comment