Monday, December 6, 2010

LS-WHO? Well, we found out the HARD way...

So, the entire crew traveled west to Baton Rouge, LA full of Crimson Pride and Optimisim.  We came home with the pride, but the optimism must have gotten lost somewhere.  Ahem...moving on!

The weekend started with a stay in Houma, LA.  I just love that deep in the heart of Tiger country and "Tiger Bait" my dearest friend Lorie proudly sends her daughter to pre-school dressed like this:
 
No trip to or from Houma should be considered complete without some fresh seafood and there is only one place for top quality...Bayou Side.  Shameless plug here for a family business, but with a family like the Whitneys, you can count on quality!  So we did what any tourists would do -- take pictures!  Notice how we were dressed for the 1 hr ride into Baton Rouge.
Once we got into Baton Rouge, we had so many great plans for revelrie...we were so happy to be in town (remember the mention of optimism?) and we wanted everyone to know we were there (remember the Crimson Pride?)

We stopped by the hotel bar for Happy Hour before going to a lovely Italian dinner at Gino's.  We were pretty sure we were in the presence of celebrities.  There was a toss up--is this guy Will Ferrell or George W Bush?  You be the judge.  Nevertheless, here's the photo montage of our evening:
Now, it had been a loooooooong day and a loooooooong evening.  Happy Hour was very HAPPY!  So the following video should not be viewed by the faint of heart.  We were safe in our hotel and had only to stumble towards our beds.  Therefore, we thoroughly enjoyed our Crimson Pride and Optimism in liquid form.  The only reason I am sharing this with you is because the "Where's Waldo" version of Lorie's cameo near the end of the shot makes me giggle every. single. time...here goes nothing:

It may be hard to believe, but we were up bright and early the next day.  You know what they say, right?  Get back on that horse! Giddyup!  Ugh, get me to some strong coffee STAT!

What were we thinking posing with these LSU balls?  That may have been the beginning of the end for us.  That washed away the mojo.

 This is love...Fun times!

Somebody call PETA!  Those dogs have been shaved to read "Tigers" and "LSU".  Poor creatures.
Okay, you will notice that I have no pictures of inside the stadium.  I don't really want to remember that part of the trip.  I don't want to hear about how well we played and blah, blah, blah.  Just get me out of there. 

I'm not sure who this guy is, but for some reason it occured to us to pose for a picture with him.  So we did.  Twice.

It's easy to be a graceful loser when you know the Cadillac Cafe has reserved a table for you.  It's also easy to keep your Crimson Smile upturned when you are drowning your sorrows.  Geez. 

My mom went to high school with the Cadillac Cafe's owner, Anthony Gallo.  He lives in Baton Rouge now, but still has love in his heart for the Tide.  He gave us the star treatment and welcomed us to his club.  We were the minority there and the victorious home-team-crowd could have/should have been a little rowdy toward us but we didn't care.  The Gallos wrapped their southen hospitality around us and made sure we enjoyed ourselves. A little Aspirin the next morning and some dark sunglasses will help finish that sentiment.
That's a wrap for this weekend.   I have been in Baton Rouge when Bama won and I have been in Baton Rouge when Bama lost.  I think I can honestly say I have seen it all.  Trust me when I say you are thanking me for not sharing ~all~ my stories of this weekend with y'all.  There were some crazy happenings.

As always and no matter what, Roll Tide people!

No comments:

Post a Comment