Friday, January 28, 2011

Feelin' Crafty (and bloggy)

Hey there!  How y'all doin?  So, I just got that old familiar (crafty) feeling today.  I've had it for a while, but today it got the best of me.

It has been a while since I have blogged and it has been an even longer while since I have sewn, so I thought I would share with you all.
Oh yeah...if you can't tell from the fabric, I'm making something for Caroline.  Want another clue?  Well, here's the main fabric:
A'ight, at this point I just have to share a funny dialogue I had with the Mr. when he got home:

Me: Won't this be cute?
B: Hmm, I don't really care for that.  It's almost hideous.
Me: At least it's for Caroline and not Rob!
B: Let's both be honest, you wish you could have and would have made that for Rob!
Me: (to myself) Yeah, you're right.

I guess I should be saying "thank you" to fate that I am only just now getting comfortable around my Singer.
Because the room has the best light, I cut fabric in my kitchen on my table.  As you can see above, Caroline is a permanent fixture atop the table. I mean, seriously...Get. Down. Now!  Moving on...
I would love to have a fancy new machine.  I also would love, love, love to have an embroidery machine.  But I love most that my trusty Singer is a Wiggins/Morris family heirloom and the thing works like a charm.  Too bad I can only make straight stitches with said charm.  Ahem, I'm getting there.  Slowly.  Baby steps, right?

What's that you said?  Where's Rob during all of this?  Take a look:
That's a sword in the back of his tee-shirt.  He's a ninja.  Bewilderment all around, people.
I used my iPhone for pictures, so I am sparing you the step-by-step.  I'm just so proud of myself.  I'm beaming with pride right now!  Here are a couple of shots of my pride and joy:

Caroline is going to be so super-cute in this dress!  And if you don't have a clue by now where she is wearing it, stay tuned.  I promise to blog about it soon.  I'm trying to stay in touch with y'all.

'Til then, peeps, God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment