Friday, August 2, 2013

Five on Friday - Morris Style

Happy, happy Friday y'all!  I am trying something new, which is not completely uncommon around here.  I'm participating in a li'l blog link up:


Here are five of the five million random things on my mind today.  Ready?

1.  I use eMeals to dinner plan most weeks (you know, the weeks I actually do dinner plan).  I'm not pie-in-the-sky in love with eMeals.  Sure, it makes dinner planning easy, and it creates your meals around what is actually on sale at your pre-determined grocery store.  My main complaint is that the meals still seem a little to out there for my meat and potatoes loving crew.  However, sometimes there are hits that make the must-cook, must-share list like this one below.  So I'm sharing.  You're welcome in advance.

Mexican Lasagna

1 lb ground chuck
15 oz can jalapeno ranch-style beans, drained
10 oz can tomatoes and green chilies
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
10 oz can enchilada sauce *I used green sauce and it was heavenly good!
9 corn tortillas
3 cups fiesta blend cheese, divided
1 tomato, chopped
cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and chopped
 
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet, brown ground chuck until done and crumbly; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside. In a saucepan, combine soups and enchilada sauce; stir and heat through. Spoon ⅓ of sauce in bottom of  greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with 3 corn tortillas; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and spoon half of meat mixture over cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and cilantro. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with chopped
avocado before serving.

Disclaimer:  Obviously this is neither clean eating nor paleo.  I do not have nutrition information, and I don't care for this recipe.  This falls under the "everything delicious in moderation" category. 

2.  I really wish I was back at the beach right now.  Sure it rained 4 of our 7 days for part or all of the day.  Sure it was crazy chaos with all our crew.  But I love those people.  Am I a glutton for punishment?  I am also annoyed at myself that I haven't blogged about our trip yet.  Hopefully that will come soon before I completely forget all the special memories.
3.  This fall Bobby and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage.  10 years!  How is that even possible?  Bobby, if you are reading this, you know you hate it when I lie to you, so please don't ask me any questions that put me in a position to have to lie in order to stall you.  For the rest of you, I am planning a sweet surprise for my hubby.  I am so giddy about it, too!  You know when you are so excited that all you want to do is snuggle and talk to your BFF about what's on your mind?  But in this case I can't because he is the subject/recipient of my plans.  Oh, the mental turmoil!  Y'all stay tuned in October to see what I have cooked up!

4.  I am so excited about Will's upcoming The Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party.  I love that book; I love all of Eric Carle's work and I really hope this turns out cute.  I am not terribly creative.  Rather, I just find inspiration (or PINspiration) and try my best to recreate it. 


source


5.  Jurassic Park.  Y'all, my almost 7-year-old is obsessed with this movie.  We went this summer to see it in 3D in the theater.  I was afraid he would be scared by some of the more bloody T-Rex attacks, but he took it like a pro.  Now we have discovered that AT&T U-verse has this movie on demand for free.  So every time the little kids are away that is all he wants to do.  In fact, T-Rex is eating the smarmy lawyer off the toilet as I type this.  Rob has seen JP 2 and JP 3, but he learned a lesson so obscure to Hollywood: nothing ever beats an original installment. 

That's it for today.  Except for one bit of vague personal business matters.  I know someone who is in need of prayers.  This person is having a hard time living a Christ-centered life.  I don't want to go into too many details, but this person is really at a crossroads of being tested.  If you are out there reading this and you know me personally, please just leave this vague.  I am not at liberty to share any details.  For all the rest of you, if you could just pray that God answers Emily's random prayer request, I am sure He will know what you are talking about.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment