Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Will's Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party

I cannot believe that one year ago at this very minute, I was double triple checking my hospital bag, knowing that I would soon be heading to the hospital to meet my William Joseph.  I mean, look at this sweet face:

On Sunday the 18th we threw his birthday party with a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme.  The invitations were adorable, if I do say so myself:
 
I had a lot of fun decorating; so much so that I put out very little food.  It's okay though.  With a party time of 3:00 PM, I was hoping people didn't come too hungry. 
Food tents at the food.  We kinda-sorta ate our way through the story with a few exceptions and modifications.
 
 
 

One of the main centerpieces of any great birthday party is the cake...or cakes in this case.  I made chocolate and white cupcakes, and Will had his very own smash cake:


 
To drink, guests had a choice of sweet tea, soft drinks, or water especially bottled just for the occasion.  Okay, the last part is a stretch, but check these out:
Instead of goodie bags filled with dime-store treasures (who started that joyous tradition, anyway?) I sent guests home with caterpillar cookies that looked really similar to these:

...but I didn't get a good picture of mine.  Shame.  Here they are on display in the bottom left hand corner of the picture below:
 

I have to be honest, Will didn't truly love his cake the way I thought he would.  I wonder if it was all the attention of being watched.  He did like it, but he didn't make the huge, face-planting mess that some 1-year-olds do. 
 
Will received a little candle-blowing assistance from the sibs.
  
It was a great party.  Will had a fun time being passed around and crawling around.  Our simple home was filled with close friends and family who all came out to celebrate Will's first year of life.


The sweetest big brother who ever lived!
The Mitchell-Nolan crew were in attendance!  Hooter-Hoot!
The birthday-boy and his mama...me!
I just love this picture of Caroline and her Uncle Jason!
Will and his Aunt Kristy
Will and his cousin/Godmother

 
Party sources:
All printed products (invitations, cupcake toppers, banners, water bottle labels): Allie Logan Designs
Will's first birthday shirt: bought 2nd-hand in new condition from a "W" monograms group on FB
Will's cake and favor-cookies: Val's Handmade Creations by Valerie Cook, my neighbor
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment