Monday, July 5, 2010

Hometown Fun: Helena

A few weeks ago, Kelly's Korner encouraged us to show her/blog to the world a little ditty about our Hometowns.  I admit, I didn't have a lot to say.  That is no indication of a lackluster hometown; on the contrary, it's because I do not explore Helena, AL very much.  We have a sleepless, pseudo-celebrity who keeps us informed of most goings-on.  I am a regular reader of his blog...I have one park/library/tee-ball field that I became very familiar with this Spring.  The end.  Yup, that's all, folks.  Most of the time, my social calendar takes me to neighboring communities of Pelham, McCalla, Calera, unincorporated Shelby County, etc.  So today, when Rob and I found ourselves without plans (my fault more than anything else) I decided we were going to have an adventure and try something new...here goes.

I took the kiddos down to Helena Amphitheater and Buck Creek.  I have seen the activities and goings on from aforementioned blog and by driving across Hwy 261 daily and not paying attention to the road looking down at the visitors.  First thing: let's touch the water...


Hey, is that my nephew and Rob/Caroline's cousin up there on top of the waterfall?  Yep, it is...
 

Speaking of Caroline, let's try to take a shot of her...

Okay, she's simply NOT going to look at me.  Moving on.  Rob's having a blast but Caroline, well, not so much...
 


Hey, a playground!!!  Oh, and a stage area, too! The city uses this stage to host big hometown names like Bo Bice and local talent winners from various competitions.  They also show movies on summertime Friday nights.

 


We went back to the water which flows around to the rear of the park.  Hey, there's Hunter and co. again!

Oops, I guess Rob had more fun than Caroline did.  Oh well, maybe next summer!

So, that's just about it for Helena Amphitheater.  They do have various activities throughout the spring, summer, and early fall.  Next time I hear of something there, I will be much more likely to attend.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment