Friday, May 11, 2012

Swimming Into Summer

Whew...the days are flying by for me these days!  Since my last post, I have been going non-stop.  Do you ever feel like you just want to hit "pause" on life and take a breather?

So what's been going on?  Well I am now 24 weeks pregnant.  Baby #3 is here and he has no name, no bedroom, and no place yet of his own for me to start stockpiling supplies.  However, in the long run, I know that doesn't matter.  What matters is that he is healthy, I am healthy, and God's plan for bringing this li'l surprise into our lives will prevail.  Here's a belly shot just in case you (like me) are still having a hard time with the fact that, yes, our family is actually going to expand in a few months:
The other day my dryer just died. Total flatline! I really hate being a grown-up and having to handle things like this.  Nevertheless, Bobby and I went to Lowe's and picked out these beauties below:
We didn't go with anything fancy. No front loading machines and very few bells and whistles. What we did instead was factor in how much laundry a family of 5 produces. We chose a trusty Whirlpool that should last 8-12 years with proper care and maintenance. We also chose one that can be paid off in 6 months or less with no interest! Hey, what can I say?

My mom has taken on another line, and as her "office assistant" / PA I have been working non-stop for her lately.  It's great, actually.  She is actually starting to see all of this hard work paying off, but somehow with this new line I ended up on the delivery address for samples.  So at any given time, my front porch looks like this:
With the weather warming up, we have been spending a lot of time outside lately.  It's great, actually.  I am glad that my kids are loving the outdoors rather than being fixtures on a sofa or rug.  So at any given time, we are all hanging out doing some variation of this below:
But geez...did I mention I'm getting very pregnant? If the kids are going to be outside as much as I think they are going to wanna be this summer, I need some respite from this good ol' Alabama heat and humidity. Therefore, last weekend I broke down and came home with this little beauty below:


I haven't gotten in it yet, but I can see myself sitting in there and letting the kids splash and play all summer.  The kids love it!  They have been playing and swimming in it several times this past week.  Check 'em out:


Speaking of all things water, Rob is keeping this family so busy!  He still plays soccer, although this Saturday is his last game.  His 4K school year is wrapping up and May is not going to end quietly.  There are mommy-and-me picnics, graduation practices, and meetings for upcoming Kindergartners.  On top of everything else, he has started taking swimming lessons at our local YMCA.  He loves it, but it's M-Th from 6:45 - 7:25.  So by the time we get home, take a bath, and settle down for bedtime, it's already morning and wake-up time!  Sheesh!  Busy, busy.  Here are some shots from this past week's swim lessons:

So, there you have it.  We are swimming into summer full speed ahead!  I think perhaps when baby #3 gets here we will look back on these days and long for the "free time" we had!  But right now I just can't imagine how we will fit it all in!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment