Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week 27 Pregnancy Update

I cannot believe how far we've come.  I can still remember all the shocked January faces of loved ones as I told everyone Bobby and I were expecting again.  Yet, here we are at the end of May and much closer to the end of this journey. Below is an update on my pregnancy, the baby, and me.  (Some format "borrowed" from Kelly):

How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Gender: Baby #3 is definitely a boy!
Size of baby: Baby Center reports that "baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with [his] legs extended."
Total Weight Gain/Loss: slightly above average...what?  You wanted a number?  My Dr. knows...
Maternity Clothes: All I wear.  I have some leftovers, but I got rid of most thinking I was done with babies, so I have had to borrow and buy.
Movement: He moves regularly!  Others can feel him moving, and occasionally you can see my stomach moving from the outside.
Sleep: I have no problem falling asleep at all!  But staying asleep is another problem.  I have to get up to go to the restroom no less than 2 times a night sometimes I have a hard time going back to sleep.  Boo!
What I miss: Lime margaritas.
Cravings: Mexican food and spicy / buffalo chicken. 
Symptoms: Heartburn pretty regularly.  I've narrowed it down to all things tomato-based from ketchup to salsa to spaghetti sauce, etc. 
Body Changes: My hair is halfway down my back.  Definitely growing faster.  My nails are very strong and long, too.  My feet are starting to swell at night slightly, but they are back down by morning.  I'm pretty sure my nose is widening, too.
Now, here is the part where I have to warn you about upcoming self pity.  But in the fairness of documenting this pregnancy, I need to get this down.  My feet hurt.  Seriously.  All the time.  My hands stay hot and they make my entire body temperature seem elevated.  I want to just walk around holding bags of ice.  I don't feel like I have that amazing pregnancy glow.  Rather I see myself as full of pre-natal gluttony affects.  I am so irritable all the time and I have to force myself not to take it out on my children.  My poor husband doesn't get quite that effort, though.  So pity him for a minute.  I'm pretty much miserable already! 

I got to thinking that in no more than 13 weeks all of this pregnancy misery will end and I will have a beautiful, God-willing healthy baby boy.  But then I quickly remembered that I will also have a terrible twos year old and a brand new Kindergartner.  I'm so stressed out with worry about pretty much nothing that is in my control.  All that worry then gives me significantly sized mommy-guilt, which furthers my misery.  Needless to say, in the past 72 hours, there have been raised voices, tears, and silent treatments.  I'm really having a hard time right now.

Okay, I got that off my chest.  Now, want a little view of real life?  In the pic above, I'm documenting my baby bump.  But it took more than one try.  Check out my little photo-bomber below:

Haha.  The Morris household is a little cookoo right now!  I'm off to keep growing a baby. Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment