Monday, July 30, 2012

William's Sprinkle

On Saturday, my sisters-in-law Kristy and Laura threw me a sweet Baby Shower.  Since this is my 2nd boy and my 3rd baby, we kept it small and simple.  A "sprinkle" rather than a whole "shower".   I wouldn't have had it any other way!

We gathered at a local restaurant here in Helena.  In keeping with the casual atmosphere, below is the Evite with an adorable yellow and grey chevron theme, which became the color scheme for the lunch.
The invitation wording said the following:

The new baby won't need a playpen or crib
So just bring the small stuff like bottles & bibs.
Remember it's a baby sprinkle indeed,
A light showering of things that baby will need.

Join us for lunch and celebrate with

Emily Morris and Baby William

It was a success!  Here are some of my favorite photos from the day, and I have to give all credit to my MIL Pam who was the shutterbug!  That way I could relax and visit.
That's a big ol' belly on me!
Caroline (not smiling) with her beloved Aunt Kristy and a sweet baby cousin Harper Michelle!
Caroline loves a baby so much!  During the shower she kept fawning over Harper, wanting to change her diaper and mess with her.  I know she's going to be a big help, but sometimes I worry she's going to want to help too much.

No baby sprinkle would be complete without cake, so after a delicious lunch we had this:

Caroline liked the icing the best -- smart girl!
 

And last but not least, I was "sprinkled" with love by my friends and family.  Bring on some gifts.  My sweet girl was very hands on with the opening of the gifts.  She was funny!


How about a photo montage of my best guests?
Me and my girl.  Rob was invited but he decided he didn't want to come.  Oh well!
 
My mom, "Nona", and her granddaughter

Two preggo SILs -- Laura and me. 
 
(L-R) Heather, Laura, Amber, me, Kristy, Kylee, and Sheila

My sister-in-law Mary caught eating cake!
I'm so excited about Baby William's upcoming arrival.  Hopefully we will settle on his middle name soon.  We have it narrowed down to two options but just can't commit on which one we like the best...


No comments:

Post a Comment