Friday, October 5, 2012

Thoughts on a Fine Friday Morning

I have seen the following stream-of-consciousness-inspired blog post in a couple of places, and I felt inspired.  I am not sure who originated the idea, so I'll simply say, this is a "borrowed" format.

Here's a glimpse into Mama Morris's life on this fine Friday Morning:

Needing to finish processing the recurring pile of laundry, mop the kitchen floor, and have newborn photos printed and framed.

Reading Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly.  I was supposed to be reading this with the Young Families Group at my church, but I have missed the past two meetings.  I hope to make it back next Wednesday night, because I am actually enjoying this book on many levels!  Inspiring...

Hoping the next 28 days pass quickly because I get to see Lorie and Shane again!  We are taking our annual pilgrimage to Baton Rouge again for the Bama-LSU game.  Two years ago when we played in Death Valley and lost, I swore I would never go back.  But although times change, old habits don't!  Psst! It's also going to be the first time I'll leave the baby overnight, so I'm still conflicted about this trip in my heart.  Nevertheless, we're going...

Watching this week's episodes of the Morris Family's can't-live-without shows: Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Private Practice, Parenthood, Dancing With The Stars and Glee. Thank goodness for DVR or I'd miss all prime time TV. Our evenings are definitely full of everything but TV!   (And by the way, what's up with The New Normal?  It thumbs its nose at all the political and socioeconomic stereotypes, yet I can't get enough.)

Sleeping whenever I can.  William is doing well most nights; we are usually down to one feeding a night around 2:00 AM.  But then there are nights like last night when he was up at 1 and again at 4.  Couple that with Caroline who all but refuses to sleep a full night and it makes for a sleepy mama!

Wearing crazy clothes right now!  My maternity pants are too big, but my pre-baby jeans are still just a little small.  What's a girl to do?  I have bought just a couple of one-size-bigger pants 'cuz naked is never an option.  But I refuse to settle.  I will get my body back eventually and the healthy way.

Feeling pain just by wiggling my toes.  I'm on Day 5 of Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred, and my legs pretty much feel shredded!  I love feeling sore, though, because I am reminded that I'm changing my body.

Spending time with Bobby and the kids as a family of 5 whenever we can (and that's not often right now).  We are so busy -- life is really hectic right now.  Bobby is out of the house 3 nights a week with his commitment to coach little-league football.  Rob and Caroline are so active and the baby is so needy that we really have to force ourselves to stop and come together.

Listening to Miranda Lambert's Four The Record.  I'm going to her concert on Saturday night and I need to brush up on the lyrics of her newest songs.  I'm notorious for not knowing the lyrics to songs I claim to love!

Enjoying these crisp fall mornings and wishing every. single. one could start with a pumpkin spice latte!

Dining out with Bobby soon--I hope.  He owes me an anniversary dinner!  We celebrated 9 years yesterday at a football field.

Dating my husband when I can.  We had a blast a few weekends ago when just the 2 of us picked up and headed to Tuscaloosa for a non-conference football game.  I love chances to reconnect with him.

Daydreaming about taking the kids to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel during this Christmas season.  I know Disney needs to wait a few more years, so now this has become my next-best-thing.  Are you hearing me, Bobby?

Wondering what the future holds...I have some pretty deep thoughts about my children, my marriage, life, religion, politics and the state of the nation.  Sometimes it is just nice to focus on mindless things like what I've discussed above.  But with faith and perseverance, the deeper subjects will work themselves out.  I have to believe that.

So long for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment