Friday, November 18, 2011

Halloween Happenings

For the record, I know this post is 18 days late.  But I wanted to go ahead and do a blog about it so I could record this year's memories.  It was so much fun!  For the second year in a row we went to Jason and Kristy's to do our trick-or-treating.  She made a big pot of Brunswick stew -- my first taste -- and it was so delicious!  I made this cheesy goodness found from Pinterest and it was yet another Pinning Success:

Caroline went as a pink cowgirl, a.k.a. Little Annie Oakley.
Rob was Iron Man and Josh was, well, he was scary! 
 Caroline loves dressing up!  However, she does not love wearing hats.  So this particular costume accessory was a rare commodity.
Here's a sad li'l anecdote: Rob is getting to the point of "not needing" me anymore.  I know this is actually a happy thing, confidence courage, etc.  But when he and Josh ran off to do their own trick-or-treating, I realized I missed him...On a happier note, I have great trust in Josh that he would and did look after Rob.  They were great together.

So, Kristy and I took Caroline.  She was a little timid at first, but quickly got the hang of it.  Just look:


I may have mentioned in the past that Jason owns a very large blood-python and he gets the snake out each year.  Well, I'm alarmed at how not scared Caroline is of the thing.  She went straight up to it, wanted to touch it, posed for a picture with it, and more.

By the end of the night, it was time to add up our "loot" and there was quite some loot to add!
Halloween 2011 was a great success. Caroline couldn't believe that she was given candy just for saying hello to strangers and looking cute. (When you put it like that, it does sound a little creepy, huh?)  But even Bobby got into the dress-up spirit!  See for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment