Sunday, November 13, 2011

Red, Blue, and I Love You

On Friday night, which also happened to be 11-11-11, which additionally happened to be Veterans' Day, Bobby and I hosted an Around The House party for Jonathan and Laura.  As the hostess of this party two things occurred: 1.) I went crazy using the red and aqua color scheme she is using as her wedding colors and 2.) I took less pictures than I anticipated.  I guess I got caught up in the excitement and I just didn't walk around with my camera all night.  Oops.

The invitations were pretty cute, if I do say so myself:

I found all of these frames (below) for waaay cheap at the Alabama Thrift Store and then sprayed them all red.  I later filled them with pics of the happy couple throughout their courtship and used them to decorate around my house...
...like this (below).
I made a very cute sign which hung on my front door in lieu of a wreath, etc.  Of course, I forgot to take a pic of the decorated door/porch, but here is the sign I made:

So, eventually the guests started arriving.  Here is a shot of Laura (middle) with two of her dearest friends and two of her seven bridesmaids:
Check out the "Happily Ever After" sign on the mirror in the background.  I'm telling you, I went a li'l nuts with the red and blue touches. 

Know what the best part of this cake was?  It tasted even better than it looked and that's saying a lot about this gorgeous confection!  This cake was made by a lady from Hueytown who is also making the happy couple's wedding cakes.  I think it's safe to say she'll be making another cake for me at some point in the near future!


I was teasing Jonathan and Laura about how life changes as a young adult.  Did they ever believe they would be excited to receive pots, pans, and dishes as presents?  But overall, they were tickled at the "loot" showered upon them.  They received a gorgeous throw blanket, some dishes, a beautiful pewter University of Alabama serving dish, a shower curtain, some new equipment for the home office, a Japanese Maple tree for their new yard, a set of Pyrex glass casserole pans, and more!

Well, wedding season is upon us.  We have the holidays, too, but then there's a great big ol' family wedding to anticipate.

Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment