Thursday, November 24, 2011

As God As My Witness, I thought Turkeys Could Fly...

Y'all, I have to admit it...I love Thanksgiving.  Why?  Well for starters, it's not Christmas.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas for all the Christian reasons.  But geez, that holiday has really gotten away from us in the past few years.  With Thanksgiving, there's no pressure to out-do, up-gift, or whatever.  It's just food and family.  Did I mention the food?
Since I partook in pretty much the whole "Gobble 'til you wobble" today, I'm not going to talk much more.  I'll just leave you with some highlights.  Enjoy!

First of all, what a difference a year makes!  Take a walk down memory lane with me.  Rob and Caroline were unfortunate lucky enough to be able to don their turkey shirts two years in a row.  Technically, C's went from a dress to a shirt, but who's counting?

We started today with lunch at Bobby's dad's house.  What a spread they put on, too!
L-R Laura my soon-to-be-SIL, Pam a.k.a. "Mimi" and me
Caroline "reading" a card to Mimi and Rocky's neighbor, Mr. Don
Our lunch hostess and host -- Mimi and Rocky

Let's eat, y'all!
After lunch, we went to Bobby's mom's house...to eat again!  Because it's Thanksgiving, we certainly need to thank God for all our blessings and for our delicious bounty.  We also should be ashamed...very ashamed!

Each year there is a pick-up game of football in Bobby's mom's front yard.  This year, the players seemed a little...younger...than days of yore.  But my heart was so proud of my boy and his cousin!


L-R Rob (5) and Braxton (7)
 And during the game, we the biddy hens looked like this:

There are a pair of new baby twins in the family -- Lucas and Easton are about 8 months old.  Lemme tell you that Caroline went nuts for the boys.  She kept pleading "hol' the baby.  Gi bodle to baby."  She thought they were life-like dolls for her enjoyment only!


Speaking of babies, take a look at Williams family matriarch, Jeanette a.k.a. "Maw-Maw"  Here she is with 12 great-grandchildren.  There is one baby on the way and at least two I can think of who were not photographed.  What a family legacy she has created!

Maw Maw has seen many things come and go in her lifetime, but who knew she could be gansta' fab?  Check out her flat-bill:

Clockwise from Top R: Debbie (Bobby's mom), Maw Maw, Delane, and Gwen
Well, that's a wrap for this year's Thanksgiving.  Here's to weeks of turkey sandwiches! Turkey salad! Turkey gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey A La King! Or gallons of turkey soup! (Who doesn't recognize that as a quote from A Christmas Story? Love that movie!)  May God bless all of your 365.

No comments:

Post a Comment